About Us

We’re Here for You

 

Our banking services were developed with everyone in mind. Whether it’s personal or business we are here to meet the needs of the communities we serve. We focus on small businesses because we know that locally owned businesses help to build strong neighborhoods. We help families raising young children or caring for older parents to maintain their financial stability. We’re here for working adults who plan for their retirement and young adults determined to achieve a bright future.

 

Our customers take comfort in knowing that everyone wins when they are involved with our award-winning Community Alliance Program designed to help non-profits. Our employees are involved in many of these non-profit organizations and we actively participate in events and activities that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve. 

 

We are community bankers who are community driven. It’s not just something we say, it’s something we do.

 

 

A Brief History of Boiling Springs

Over seventy five years ago, Boiling Springs Savings & Loan Association was formed by the combination of the Rutherford Mutual Loan and Building Association, which had been founded in the 1870s to provide thrift and home financing services to a growing community, and the East Rutherford Savings, Loan and Building Association. This merger was approved on February 21, 1939.


Learn More
  • The name of the new organization was derived from the original name of the Rutherford area, which had been named after the famed boiling springs. Boiling Springs’ accounts became insured by the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation and Boiling Springs Building and Loan Association opened on April 10, 1939. The main office was located on Park Avenue in Rutherford.
  • The Association opened its first branch, in Lyndhurst, in 1959. As deposits increased, this office moved into larger quarters, at 753 Ridge Road, near the North Arlington border, in 1974.
  • In 1977, the Association opened their second branch at 280 Union Avenue, in the West End of Rutherford.
  • In 1980 another branch was opened next to the ShopRite at 236 West Passaic Street in Rochelle Park. This office moved to another section of the shopping center in 2003.
  • The Association opened its fourth branch in the new Boulder Run Shopping Center on Franklin Avenue in Wyckoff in 1984. After over 10 years of growth, this office was renovated and expanded to double its original size in 1995.
  • Early in 1989, Boiling Springs opened its fifth branch office in the Morris County community of Lincoln Park. This office is located on Beaverbrook Road, next to the ShopRite.
  • Boiling Springs converted to a state chartered savings bank in September, 1992, becoming Boiling Springs Savings Bank.
  • The bank further expanded in March, 1995 when it acquired two branches of the former Carteret Savings bank from the Resolution Trust Corporation.
  • Boiling Springs opened its eighth office in the new Clifton Commons Shopping Center on Route 3 in Clifton in December, 1999.
  • In December, 1999, Boiling Springs completed its conversion to a Mutual Holding Company. This change allows for additional flexibility for possible future investments and acquisitions.
  • After almost 60 years of conservative growth and an enviable record of building its financial strength, Boiling Springs realized the need to expand available space and broke ground for its new corporate headquarters on Orient Way in Rutherford. This facility was completed and occupied in mid ‑ 2000.
  • In 2001 Boiling Springs continued its expansion by purchasing Ridgewood Savings Bank of New Jersey. This acquisition added four branches in Northern Bergen County.
  • A new branch was opened in June, 2002 in the Borough of Glen Rock. This office is located in the center of town at the intersection of Rock Road and Glen Road.
  • In September, 2006 a new branch was opened in Upper Montclair in the Watchung Plaza shopping area.
  • A second Morris County office was opened in October, 2007 on North Beverwyck Road in the Lake Hiawatha section of Parsippany-Troy Hills. In the spring of 2008, Boiling Springs opened its 16th office at the intersection of Ridgedale Avenue and James Street in Florham Park.
  • Boiling Springs’ seventeenth office was opened in November, 2009 in the Towaco section of Montville, on Main Road.
  • In January, 2010 two offices were moved to new facilities. The Wyckoff office moved across the Boulder Run Shopping Center to a larger office in a new section of the Center. Also, the Main office moved from Park Avenue to the Corporate office on Orient Way.
  • The eighteenth branch office was opened in 2012 in the historic Glen Ridge Hall on Ridgewood Avenue in Glen Ridge. This is Boiling Springs’ second branch location in Essex County.
  • In September, 2013, the Mahwah office was relocated to a free standing building next door to the old location. The renovated office offers a drive-up ATM and safe deposit boxes.
  • Boiling Springs is a local bank that has served its community proudly since 1939, with roots that go back to the 1870s. We still make sure that we give our customers that friendly, personal attention they deserve. At Boiling Springs, our customers have the security of dealing with senior officers and directors who are your friends and neighbors. Customers are able to be secure in the knowledge that they will always be dealing with the same management team ‑ yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Local Values ‑‑‑‑‑ Local Roots
Local Management

Our Message

The Red Oak, New Jersey’s official state tree, is valued for its strong growth, adaptability and longevity. Much like this gracious tree, Boiling Springs Savings Bank possesses the same attributes allowing us to provide our customers and communities with an award winning style of relationship banking.  Our 75+ year history shows that great things happen when your focus remains local. The bank, in many ways, has retained the same mission that the founders established in 1939; dedication to local roots and local management accompanied by sound banking practices and steady achievements.  

 

Our BSSB tree is always growing and producing new acorns for our customers, so that we can preserve our exceptional customer service, innovative products and remarkable community service support.  

 

We take pride in serving our New Jersey communities and the acorns that our institution has planted and continues to nurture into successful personal and business alliances.  We are committed to continuing this growth through conservative management with an eye on the future firmly grounded in the success of the past.